1. edX has just celebrated it’s second birthday … https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C2ducqPzESQ
2. edX is now LTI compliant… https://github.com/edx/XBlock
3. Stanford has contributed a ton to edX … including chat rooms, peer grading and a shopping cart … http://iblstudios.com/stanford-university-adds-significant-new-contributions-to-open-edx/
4. I’ve attached a recently-release report by Stanford University about online learning research – their edX findings start on p. 6. Good stuff for RFPs, etc. We work with these people directly.
5. edX is releasing the book: “Ultimate Guide to Open edX” … due out in two weeks … http://iblstudios.com/free-ebook-open-edx/
“The Ultimate Guide To Open edX” will be released by the end of July 2014. This unique, free eBook explores the most visually engaging and innovative learning platform in the world.Open edX is a global success:
- It powers the edX.org educational portal of more than 2.5 million users.
- Stanford University uses it for on-campus students and distance learners.
- Top universities and organizations in France, China and the Middle East have embraced it, along with the World Economic Forum, the International Monetary Fund and many businesses worldwide.
Created by MIT, Harvard and Stanford, and supported by Google and 45 international universities, Open edX is disruptive technology. Moreover, its users continuously benefit from the edX community’s new improvements and innovations.